Makivik Job Opportunity
Para-Judicial Worker – Akulivik (JUS053023)
REPORT TO: The Para-Judicial Program Manager of the Justice Department.
The Para-Judicial Worker aims to work in close collaboration with the itinerant Court to allow for a smooth exchange of information between clients and lawyers.
- Facilitate the contact between Inuit being involved in the justice system and a lawyer;
- Inform all Inuit accused of their rights and duties regarding court procedures and the justice system with the support of the Para-Judicial Program Coordinator;
- Prepare and draft short release plans in collaboration with a lawyer and Para-Judicial Program Coordinator;
- Sensibilize and inform all members of the community in regard to the justice system;
- Promote Inuit traditions and ways of life to the court members and inform them about any particulars of an accused or any event in the community that might impact the court week;
- Travel when required with the traveling court, meetings, or for training;
- Other duties deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or relavent work experience;
- Inuit and cultural knowledge and understanding, is required;
- Strong desire to support and assist your fellow Inuit to access to culturally appropriate programs and support;
- Experience in intervention with adults;
- Experience in case management;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Good experience in the use of Microsoft office;
- Experience working autonomously and in a team settings.
*Extensive training and continuous support will be provided to employees.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favour and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs