The Order of Nunavik is conferred upon Inuit men and women “for outstanding
achievements in different fields.”
The Order of Nunavik Program celebrates the accomplishments of Nunavik Inuit of all
ages and inspires Nunavik beneficiaries to strive to reach its goals.
Each year, Nunavik Inuit are nominated by their fellow JBNQA beneficiaries for their
achievements, leadership, and innovation.
The final two selected , accomplished and motivated Inuit are named Nunavik Role
Models and inducted into the Order of Nunavik at an award ceremony held during
the Makivvik Annual General meeting.
The Nunavik Role Model Program aims to:
• Promote healthy lifestyles and self-esteem among Nunavik Inuit.
• Strengthen Nunavik culture and identity.
• Promote positive public images of Nunavik Inuit.
• Facilitate the availability of Nunavik Role Models to Nunavik Inuit and
• Influence behaviours and attitudes of Nunavik Inuit toward healthy lifestyles.
• Foster inspired leadership.
Any person or group in Nunavik is welcome to nominate a deserving individual as
candidate for an Order of Nunavik Award by completing this nomination form.
All nominations are kept confidential to respect privacy and to avoid disappointment if
the nominee is not selected. We ask that nominators and others involved respect this
Nominations will be collected year-round and presented at the Winter Makivvik Board
of Directors meeting.
From this list, Makivvik Board of Directors will select two Order of Nunavik recipients
to be presented at the following Makivvik Annual General Meeting.
Submission Deadline: January 31st of each Year