Makivik Job Opportunity
Justice Access Officer (PRE120123)
Reports to: The Director of the Legal Division in the President’s Department.
- Justice Access Officer is part of the Nunavik Community Justice Center managed by Makivvik;
- Work in close collaboration with the notaries involved in settlement of estates and other files;
- Being the main point of contact for community members from all fifteen (15) communities of Nunavik;
- Opening files and requesting information;
- Filling out forms and completing administrative processes;
- Making follow-ups with community members from all Nunavik, organizations and governmental bodies;
- Participating in presentations and workshop sessions;
- Participating in the creation of promotional tools and information documents;
- Facilitating the communication between community members and notaries;
- Participating in the development and maintain of partners’ interest and engagement in all 14 communities;
- Participating in the promotion and organization of legal clinics with lawyers and notaries;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Good computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Inuit traditions and cultural knowledge and understanding, is an asset;
- Demonstrates the capacity to work autonomously, a great team player and takes initiative;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with diverse partners and organizations;
- Demonstrates good leadership skills and autonomy;
- Has interest in legal concepts and legal processes, eager to learn new concepts and new processes.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs