Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (CSD09122022)
Under the authority of the Corporate Secretary, this position will play a key role in supporting the Corporate Administrator in an environment where teamwork and professionalism will be emphasized.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of Board of Directors, Executive Committee meetings, AGM and conference telephone calls;
- Periodically work at the reception;
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for Board members and staff;
- Assist with managing the agenda of the Board of Directors (meetings travel, etc.)
- Management of mail, web/telephone and email-based enquiries, determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly, responding to general information requests with accurate information and relaying information and correspondences as appropriate;
- Assist with the administration of phone pin numbers and security cards;
- Assist with preparing purchase orders;
- Assist with the processing of scholarship applications;
- Ensure the hard copy and electronic filing of administrative documents;
- Any other duties requested by the Corporate Administrator or the Department Head.
- Secretarial degree or DEC in Administration; and/or 3 or more years of related experience;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to learn other applications;
- Fluency in Inuktitut and English and/or French;
- Availability to travel to attend meetings in Nunavik;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktitut and knowledge of the Inuit culture a definite asset;
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs