This is to inform the beneficiaries affiliated to the following communities
that the Call for Nominations is open for the position of community directors of Makivvik.
Please click on the Community Name to download the associated PDF file.
You may download the nomination form off of the Makivvik website, or obtain a form from your local Northern Village office or Landholding corporation office.
For the Nomination Form:more information.
For the Proxy Form:more information.
The Deadline to send the nomination forms is Monday, February 6, 2017 before 5:00 p.m. The nomination forms are to be forwarded to the Corporate Secretary, by fax at 514-745-0364 or 819-964-2613 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Advance Poll is scheduled for Thursday, February 16, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. ‘til 5:00 p.m. The Election Day shall be held on Thursday, February 23, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. ‘til 6:00 p.m. If required in the event that no candidate is able to obtain a majority of the votes, a Runoff election between the two (2) candidates earning the most votes will be held on Thursday, March 9, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. ‘til 6:00 p.m.
The following persons shall not be nominated or elected as Community Director of the Corporation:
- any person who is not affiliated or not residing ordinarily in the mentioned community;
- any person who is an undischarged bankrupt;
- any person who is not a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Inuit Agreement;
- any person who has been convicted of an indictable offense punishable by imprisonment for two (2) years or more; such disqualifications shall continue for five (5) years after the term of imprisonment fixed by the sentence and, if only fined is imposed or the sentence suspended, for five (5) years from the date of the conviction, unless the person has obtained a pardon for such indictable offense;
- any person who has any outstanding debts of any nature or kind with the corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries which have remained unpaid for more than ninety (90) days, or a person who failed in the past to honour a debt which remains unpaid to the Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries;
- Save and except, for any person nominated or elected as the representative of the community of Chisasibi on the Board of Directors during the period 2010-2015, any person who is not fluent in Inuktitut will not be elected or nominated.
- Any person, other than an executive director of the Corporation, who is an employee of the Corporation or one of its subsidiaries;
- Any person whose actions, activities or relationships could have, directly or indirectly, the effect of disqualifying the Corporation and/or its affiliates from eligibility for contracts with any public body.