Makivik Job Opportunity
Summer Student Employment – Research Assistant (DEWR05312022)
REPORTING TO: Wildlife Disease Specialist
- Conduct laboratory work under the supervision of NRC staff;
- Conduct necropsies on dead animals;
- Familiarize in data analysis using Excel and other specialized software;
- Field work with NRC staff to collect samples, hunting and/or fishing trip with hunters is a possibility;
- Possibility for the student to follow the Wildlife Disease Specialist to the international Arcticnet conference in the beginning of December.
- JBNQA Beneficiary;
- Secondary III to V Diploma, college student or university student an asset;
- Inuktituut and English, French an asset;
- High interest in science;
- Reliable, autonomous and highly motivated.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs