Makivik Job Opportunity
Research Assistant (DEWR073023)
REPORTS TO: The Wildlife Disease Specialist in the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Research
- Learn mosquito collection techniques;
- Adapt protocol to collect mosquitos;
- Create multimedia material for training purposes;
- Conduct laboratory work under the supervision of NRC staff to test for zoonotic disease in mosquitos;
- Familiarize in data analysis using Excel and other specialized software;
- Help NRC staff in any other task they need help with;
- Travel to communities, when required;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel;
- High interest in science;
- Reliable, Autonomous and highly motivated.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs