Makivik Job Opportunity
REPORTS TO: The Senior Accountant in the Treasurer Department.
- Prepare timely reports the financial monitoring of projects;
- Collaboratively work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the project reporting expectations are clearly defined and understood;
- Maintain project information up to date (budgets, amendments, rates);
- Support program and project document management system and retrieval of project documentation communicated between Operations, Finance and HR teams;
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management;
- Prepare and analyze reports required by the Finance Department and Management;
- Provide assistance and training to other Finance staff members;
- Support and preparation of annual audits;
- Assist in the preparation of presentations;
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Senior accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, major in Accounting or other business-related degree;
- Five (5) years of experience in a related field;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Excellent working knowledge of SAGE, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good team player;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs