Makivik Job Opportunity
Marine Issues and Protected Areas Coordinator (DEWR020923)
REPORTS TO: The Director under the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Research (DEWR).
Overseeing DEWR files on:
- Protected Areas (onshore and offshore);
- Development of policy on marine issues;
- Participation to National Inuit Marine Committee.
- Minimum B.Sc. or equivalent experience;
- Experience working with Nunavik Inuit and knowledge of relevant Land Claims Agreements;
- Written and oral proficiency in English and French. Written and oral proficiency in Inuktitut an asset;
- Demonstrated organization and report writing skills;
- Strong ability to synthesize and summarize information;
- Ability to work in a team environment or autonomously;
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and policy;
- Ability to travel frequently.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs