Makivik Job Opportunity
Junior Geomatics Assistant (DWER111623)
Reports to: The Geomatics Manager in the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Resources.
- Work with licensed and experienced professionals obtaining hands-on learning experience;
- Participate in field data collections using interviews and scientific equipment;
- Work in a team supporting the delivery and analysis of mapping products;
- Assist with managing and maintaining GIS Data;
- Scanning, georeferencing and digitizing hard copy maps and other documents;
- Assist with map creation and editing from digitization;
- Indexing and archiving geographic data to ensure availability for future use;
- Get exposure to GIS and remote sensing software to undertake data analysis;
- Maintain and organize project files. Perform research at the supervisor’s request;
- Support survey staff in collection of site information;
- Gain exposure to drone, GPS and laser scanning technologies;
- Be available to travel, when requested;
- Any other related duties request by the supervisor.
- High school or College Diploma;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Excellent computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrates computer literacy and comfortable learning new softwares;
- Well-developed sense of geographic awareness and interested in a future career in
- Punctual, reliable, autonomous, and highly motivated;
- Can be relied upon to regularly exceed goals;
- Willing to put in extra effort to meet urgent deadlines when required;
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently;
- Oral and written communication in Inuktitut;
- Experience in using ESRI GIS software would be advantageous.
Inuit Beneficiary hiring will always be a priority at Makivvik.
Training will be available for Beneficiaries in the advancement of their career.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs