Makivik Job Opportunity
Income Tax Officer – Kangirsuk (TRE022823)
REPORTS TO: The Assistant to the Treasurer
- Prepare and e-file individual Income Tax returns for Nunavik Beneficiaries using Tax prep software;
- Assist Beneficiaries with their notice of assessments;
- Respond to Beneficiaries with income tax related questions and concerns;
- Work with Tax Agents in various Nunavik Communities mainly during the Income Tax season;
- Participate in annual training sessions related to the Income Tax Program;
- Perform administrative duties related to the Income Tax Program;
- Responsible for the Kuujjuaq Tax Agent during Tax Season;
- All other related duties required by the Treasurer Department.
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Excellent proficiency of Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency with Tax software an asset;
- Ability to collaborate and take initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines;
- Reliable and autonomous;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Communication, analytical and organizational skills;
- Able to set priorities while maintaining flexibility;
- Self-motivated and able to work in unique environment.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs