Makivik Job Opportunity
Human Resources Officer – Construction Division (CON022423)
REPORTS TO: Division Director
- Provide assistance with clerical tasks;
- Provide technical support for all construction related activities including recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding;
- Create and maintain accurate, up to date complete personnel records and systems in HRIS;
- Liaison with the other construction division staff;
- Liaison with La Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ);
- Oversee the application of the CCQ collective agreements and offer support in the application of disciplinary process for construction workers and resources;
- Ensure all internal and external policies and procedures are followed;
- Assist the Director in addressing CCQ non-compliance complaints;
- Other responsibilities and directives as assigned.
- DEC or certificate in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Administration, or a related field;
- Experience working in recruitment and/or in administrative/clerical tasks, and/or with an HRIS system;
- 3 years of experience in construction or related field, an asset;
- Experience working with CCQ and working knowledge of the construction industry, an asset;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work autonomously;
- Demonstrated ability in solution focused approach to problem solving;
- Demonstrated good organizational skills, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrates integrity and discretion to assure the confidentiality of the nature of the work;
- Demonstrated experience in customer service;
- Have a functional working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs