Makivik Job Opportunity
Food Security Coordinator
Reports to: The Assistant Director in the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Resources.
- Collaborate with multiple departments within Makivvik on files related to Food Security;
- Collaborate with regional organizations to ensure that there is a coordinated effort to address food insecurity in Nunavik, including completion of the Nunavik Food Security Policy;
- Inuit-Crown Partnership Committee: Food Security Working Group;
- ITK National Committee: Inuit Food Security Strategy;
- Manage the Harvester Support Grant Program;
- Work with Provincial and Federal funding agencies to ensure that the needs of Nunavik are addressed;
- Be available to travel, when requested;
- Any other related duties request by the supervisor.
- Graduate studies in Public health, Nutrition or Social Science;
- Minimum three (3) years of related working experience, preferably in a Northern environment or organization;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Excellent computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrated organization and report writing skills;
- Strong ability to synthesize and summarize information;
- Ability to work in a team environment or autonomously;
- Ability to provide briefings to Senior Management on file progress and possible funding avenues.
Inuit Beneficiary hiring will always be a priority at Makivvik.
Training will be available for Beneficiaries in the advancement of their career.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs