Makivik Job Opportunity
Economic Development Officer (EDD102723)
REPORTING TO: The Co-Director in the Economic Development Department.
- Manage a portfolio of two (2) to five (5) files relating to economic development focused on improving the economic well-being and quality of life for the Nunavik region;
- Explore and coordinate industry sector development in Nunavik with a focus on job creation and facilitating economic activity (ex. Fur Industry, intercommunity trade, tourism, and more);
- In collaboration with Project Managers, develop strategic plans, work with KI/KRG to facilitate trainings, and conduct feasibility and market studies;
- Work with communities and/or subsidiaries to develop or expand potential markets domestically and abroad when necessary (ex. Inshore marine product development, fur trade, tea, etc.);
- Enhance access to economic and business information services available in and outside of Nunavik;
- Collaborate with small regional organizations in securing resources to grown their operations
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience will be considered;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrate an understanding of Nunavik Social and Economic realities, is an asset;
- Good knowledge of program evaluations, research and reporting;
- Knowledge of project management, project proposals and funding applications;
- Demonstrate the capacity to work autonomously and a great team player.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs