Makivik Job Opportunity
Culture and Arts Coordinator (EDD061923)
REPORTS TO: The Socio-Economic Manager in the Economic Development Department
- Engage with Nunavik artists to identify priority needs;
- Work with stakeholders to improve the economic well-being of Nunavik artists;
- Execute mandates as directed by Executive Directors
- Collaborating with senior staff to develop strategic plans and create support systems and access resources for artists;
- Seek funding sources for wholistic initiatives as well as for individual artists;
- Develop an annual action plan and/or multi-year strategic plans;
- Plan for Artistic Workshops (All Disciplines);
- Travel as required;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Degree in Arts or equivalent expertise in a related field will also be considered;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a related field;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and priorities with respect to fundamental arts development in Nunavik;
- Report writing experience;
- Knowledge of funding sources and programs for arts and cultural activities is an asset;
- Project development and funding proposal writing in key Art sectors;
- Organizing, hosting, and/or facilitating gatherings and workshops;
- Annual planning and budgeting experience.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs