Makivik Job Opportunity
Correctional Liaison Agent – Federal (JUS021323)
The Correctional Liaison Agent – Federal aims to provide support to Inuit detainees within the federal detention and inform them of the services and programs offered.
- Provide information to federal offenders on the early release opportunities such as Section 84 and parole;
- Identify resources and community contacts that may be used to create a release plan for federal offenders;
- Write release plans in collaboration with Correctional Services staff;
- Provide cultural background and community resources to correctional staff to assist in developing a release plan;
- Participate in meetings related to individual release planning;
- Case management;
- Collaborate with local Justice committees in relation to the Section 84 process;
- Provide support to offenders during their parole hearing;
- Provide general support to offenders if needed;
- Assist in the organization of visits for justice committees or other helpful resources at the federal detention centers for Nunavimmiut.
- Inuit and cultural knowledge is required;
- Strong desire to support and assist your fellow Inuit to access to culturally appropriate programs and support;
- Experience in intervention with adults;
- Experience in case management;
- Languages: Inuktitut and English;
- Good communication skills : Verbal and written, is required ;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Experience working autonomously and in a team settings;
- Be available to travel by vehicle (having a license is an asset) or public transportation, to detention centers within
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION please contact
Navarana Kleist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs