Makivik Job Opportunity
Archiving Clerk (CS111723)
Reports to: The Head of Administration in the Corporate Secretary Department.
Assisting the Archiving team with, but not limited to:
- The appraisal of permanent records and historically valuable documents and the safekeeping of archival documents and materials such as government records, minutes of corporate meetings, etc.;
- The cataloguing and safekeeping of valuable materials;
- The preparation of document descriptions and reference aids for the use of archives, such as accession lists, indexes, guides, bibliographies, abstracts, and digitized copies of documents;
- The filing and cross indexing of selected documents in alphabetical and chronological order;
- The processing of new materials; and
- The organization of archival records to facilitate access to archival materials;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other related duties request by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or at least three (3) years of experience in an office environment;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Good computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Understanding and knowledge of Nunavik Inuit Culture, society and language , is important;
- Punctual and dependable;
- Organized, reliable and able to deal with confidential information;
- Ability to meet deadlines, ability to work under pressure.
Inuit Beneficiary hiring will always be a priority at Makivvik.
Training will be available for Beneficiaries in the advancement for their career.
All marginal benefits available to employees of Makivvik as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs