Makivik Job Opportunity
Accounts Payable Clerk (TRE020323)
Under the Treasurer’s department this position will play a role in reporting to the Senior Accountant where teamwork and professionalism will be emphasized.
- Maintain the Finance Department filing system;
- Coding and entering of Invoices for payment(s);
- Prepare and process accounts payable cheques/EFTs in a timely manner including matching all approved purchase orders with invoices along with the necessary documents for payment (i.e. receiving reports, etc);
- Respond to suppliers’ inquiry in relation to invoices (i.e. outstanding amounts, payments and other related questions regarding accounts payable);
- Verify suppliers’ monthly statements to make sure any outstanding invoices are paid;
- Obtaining signatures on checks and EFT’s;
- Mailing cheques;
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Senior accountant.
- College level diploma;
- One (1) to three (3) of experience in a related field;
- Organized and punctual;
- Solution focused;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Able to work autonomously and as part of team.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs