Makivik Job Opportunity
Accountant – Construction Division
REPORTING TO: The Assistant Director-Finance in the President’s Department – Construction Division.
- Ensures accurate representation of financial transactions within the financial accounting system (MAESTRO);
- Enter invoices to corresponding PO and completes vendor payments by verifying invoice coding and entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Enter and file agreements and leases (server and system);
- Processes/posts payments by compiling batches of payments and preparing payment (electronic or cheques) and stubs;
- Review and confirm coding with Procurement section after reception of goods;
- Verify monthly suppliers’ statements;
- Assists with the preparation of schedules for audit;
- Maintain relationships with vendors and departments by reviewing open issues and resolving problems;
- Assist in the oversight and coordination of a proper filing system of the accounting files of the division and Kautaq Construction;
- Any other related duties deemed necessary by the Supervisor.
DEC in Accounting, Finance or similar field;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related experience;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Accounting System;
- Reliable, autonomous, and highly motivated;
- Good team player;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs