This is to inform the public of Tasiujaq, Kangirsuk, Ivujivik, Umiujaq, Kangiqsujuaq and Killiniq that the Call for Nominations is open for the position of community director of Makivvik.
As of Tuesday, January 28, 2020, you may request for a nomination form from the Local Municipality or by contacting Lucy Grey at firstname.lastname@example.org, the Chief Returning Officer. The nomination form is also available at Makivvik’s website at www.makivik.org
The Deadline to send the nomination forms is Friday, February 7, 2020 before 5:00 p.m. The nomination forms are to be forwarded to the Returning officer, by fax at
514-745-0364 or by email at email@example.com
An Advance Poll is scheduled for Friday, February 28, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. ‘til 6:00 p.m. The Election Day shall be on Thursday, March 5, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. ‘til 6:00 p.m. If required in the event that no candidate is able to obtain a majority (50%+1) of the votes in a given community, a Runoff election between the two (2) candidates earning the most votes will be held in the concerned community on Monday, March 16, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. ‘til 6:00 p.m.
The following persons shall not be nominated or elected as Community Director of the Corporation:
- any person who is not affiliated or not residing ordinarily in the mentioned community;
- any person who is an undischarged bankrupt;
- any person who is not a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Inuit Agreement;
- any person who has been convicted of an indictable offense punishable by imprisonment for two (2) years or more; such disqualifications shall continue for five (5) years after the term of imprisonment fixed by the sentence and, if only fined is imposed or the sentence suspended, for five (5) years from the date of the conviction, unless the person has obtained a pardon for such indictable offense;
- any person who has any outstanding debts of any nature or kind with the corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries which have remained unpaid for more than ninety (90) days, or a person who failed in the past to honour a debt which remains unpaid to the Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries;
- Any person who is not fluent in Inuktitut will not be elected or nominated.
- Any person, other than an executive director of the Corporation, who is an employee of the Corporation or one of its subsidiaries;
- Any person whose actions, activities or relationships could have, directly or indirectly, the effect of disqualifying the Corporation and/or its affiliates from eligibility for contracts with any public body.
Issued at Kangirsuk, Quebec, this 28th day of January 2020