This is to inform the public in all the communities of Nunavik that the Call for Nominations is now open for the 2018 universal elections for the following executive positions of Makivvik:
You may request for a nomination form from the Local Municipality or the Local Landholding Corporation or you may call 514-745-8880 for Ms. Harriet Keleutaq, the Chief Returning Officer for the Elections.
The Deadline to send the nomination form is Friday, December 1, 2017 before 5:00 p.m.
The Election for all communities mentioned above is Thursday, January 18th, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
The following persons shall not be nominated or elected as Executive Director of the Corporation:
– any person who is NOT entitled to exercise their rights or receive benefits under the Act Respecting Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (RLRQ, Chap. A-33.1);
– any person who is an undischarged bankrupt;
– any person who is NOT a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Inuit Agreement;
– any person have been convicted of an indictable offense punishable by imprisonment for two (2) years or more; such disqualifications shall continue for five (5) years after the term of imprisonment fixed by the sentence and, if only fined is imposed or the sentence suspended, for five (5) years from the date of the conviction, unless the person has obtained a pardon for such indictable offense;
– any person who has any outstanding debts of any nature or kind with the corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries which have remained unpaid for more than ninety (90) days; or any person who has failed in the past to honour a debt which remains unpaid to the Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries;
– any person who is not fluent in Inuktitut
– Any person, other than an executive director of the Corporation, who is an employee of the Corporation or one of its subsidiaries;
– Any person whose actions, activities or relationships could have, directly or indirectly, the effect of disqualifying the Corporation and/or its affiliates from eligibility for contracts with any public body.
Issued at Montreal, Quebec, this 30th day of October 2017.
General Memo Universal Elections
Nomination form Executive Elections 2017