Makivik Job Opportunity
Minute Taker/Translation Coordinator (CS061323)
REPORTING TO: The Head of Administration in the Corporate Secretary Department.
- Attend meetings of Makivvik’s governing bodies;
- Develop meeting agendas with the various departments of Makivvik Corporation;
- Take accurate record of what is discussed, and any actions raised;
- Ability to listen in multilingual and noting them;
- Produce Corporate Meetings Minutes in standardized format, and review with supervisor and other concerned departments;
- Update and circulate Action Items for follow up;
- Keep record of finalized minutes and resolutions;
- Distribution of finalized documents in due time;
- Ensure the proper filing of official Corporation’s documents;
- Assist supervisor in the development and maintaining of a proper filing system in the Kuujjuaq and Montreal office;
- Responsible for coordinating requests of translations by outsourcing all official documents for the corporation;
- Maintain list of translation/ interpretation and transcribing contractors;
- Maintain Corporate translation of documents;
- Travel when required;
- Any other related duties deemed necessary by the Supervisor.
- Vocational diploma in minute taking or two (2) years of related experience;
- Excellent communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/Word/PowerPoint;
- Reliable, autonomous, and highly motivated;
- Good team player;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs