Makivik Job Opportunity
Director – Corporate Secretary
REPORTS TO: Executive Corporate Secretary
- Direct and manage the service operations within the Department including Assets Management, Travel, Information Technology (IT), and Beneficiary Enrolment;
- Oversee a multidisciplinary and Multi-diverse team;
- Develop and implement strategies, operating procedures, policies, short and long-term objectives for the department;
- Plan, prepare and present annual draft budgets;
- Reallocate resources across departments where necessary, and identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies;
- Monitor financial performance of department to ensure that the organization is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitments;
- Attend and participate in meetings of the governing bodies on Makivvik and make presentations when required;
- Ensure compliance of departmental activities with Makivvik’s mandate;
- Interact with other managers to foster inter-departmental communications for common files;
- Plan and Assess office requirements, lease negotiations and lease management;
- Assess and develop training programs for the department in collaboration with the Human Resources Department;
- Ensure execution and timely reporting on action items and priority files;
- Foster collaboration with stakeholders;
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles;
- Other duties as requested by the executive.
- Diploma and/or training in Business Administration is an asset;
- 4 to 6 years of work experience in a related position;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines, and time management techniques;
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills in order to thrive in a diverse work environment;
- Able to manage people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes;
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy;
- Capable of maintaining a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs