Makivik Job Opportunity
REPORTS TO: The Head of Administration under the Corporate Secretary’s Office.
- Responsible for organizing all meetings including Executive, Board, AGM, and employee events;
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of all documents required for Board of Directors meetings, conference calls and Annual General Meetings;
- Receive and coordinate the translations of corporate documents, including documents required for various meetings;
- Assist with the administration the post-secondary scholarship fund;
- Attend, with other support team members, at Board of Directors and Annual General Meetings at various meeting venues including in Nunavik;
- Act as the contact person for the Makivik governors and Board Members;
- Prepare and distribute notices regarding the BOD & Executive conference calls;
- Oversee the work of receptionist, messenger and administrative assistant;
- Act as liaison between Makivik and the landlord regarding maintenance, etc.;
- Responsible for the Makivik internal directory;
- Responsible to administer employee access cards, office keys, telephone system PINs, etc.;
- Any other duties requested by the Corporate Secretary and/or the Department Head.
- DEC Management or at least 5 years relevant experience;
- Ability to speak and write in Inuktitut and in English;
- Ability to translate Inuktitut to English;
- Ability to speak French, writing in French would be an asset;
- Innovative, reliable and autonomous;
- High level of professionalism with good interpersonal skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Dilitrust;
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs