Makivik Job Opportunity
Business Support Program Manager (EDD06202022)
The position, under the direction of the Vice President’s department and in collaboration with the Economic Development team, serves as the assigned business support & development coordinator linked to Policies and programs implemented under the department. Provides management with financial reporting and analysis that is used for strategic and tactical decision making. Works with various levels of management with-in the department as well as corporate stakeholders to develop, interpret and implement financial and accounting concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results. Must provide professional advice and strategic business planning for Makivvik Corporation. The position will work directly with the Director of Economic Development and Departmental staff who lead various Industry Sector active files including amongst others, mining, tourism, fisheries, energy, transportation, and real estate.
The individual will play an important role in the development of the economic development department’s strategy and build a framework to seek out potential business opportunities and develop business plans. Makivvik Corporation is looking for a highly motivated, autonomous individual with very strong management, financial analytical & Policy Implementation skills to incorporate with-in the team environment.
- Lead the development of a coherent, integrated approach for Makivvik to invest and explore potential investment opportunities based on the recommendations of the Executives and the Investment Review Committee;
- Assist senior managers on updating and refining the internal subsidiary governance policy;
- Coordinate the design and implementation of tools and frameworks to better guide the long-term strategic vision of the economic development department;
- Seek, assess and develop business opportunities for Makivvik Corporation;
- Filter potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, economic and job creation potential, financials, evaluation of options, resolving internal priorities and recommending investments;
- Study integration of new ventures with current subsidiary businesses, strategies and operations, examine risks and potential through due diligence process (compiling and analyzing all financial information, conducting business analysis including ROI, NPV, IRR and making recommendations of potential business ventures);
- Research and prepare business plans in various sectors including (but not limited to): mining, energy, tourism, fisheries, and real estate;
- Work with pertinent staff on structuring mergers/acquisitions, including negotiation of an equitable agreement, employee contracts, financing and future liabilities;
- Minimum of 5 years or more direct experience in corporate sector, strategic business planning and/or mergers and acquisitions;
- Completed university education; note an MBA is preferable and/or similar industry experience;
- Strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to liaise with business sector and government;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and oral;
- Fluency in Inuktitut is preferred;
- Familiarity with social, environmental, and economic issues that impact business in the North is preferred;
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility and social purpose principles;
- Knowledge of James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA) and the Nunavik Inuit Land Claims Agreement (NILCA) is preferred.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs