- Find an eligible voter that you trust in your affiliated community and tell them who you want to vote for.
- Get a copy by clicking the following Links:
- Your name (Name of Voter)
- Your affiliated community (Community Name)
- The name of the person who is voting for you (Proxy Holder)
- Their affiliated community (Community Name)
- The location of where you are signing from.
- Your signature (Signature)
- Fax it to your affiliated community’s polling station, to your designated proxy voter, or email a scanned or picture copy of it to your designated proxy voter. Make sure that they have access to a printer and can print it. The returning officer will not accept a digital copy, only a proxy form in paper will be accepted and kept for records.
- The Returning Officer in your designated community will accept a proxy form properly filled out in the paper form. Your designated proxy voter will be given a ballot in order to vote on your behalf and your name will be crossed off the voting list.
For further information, please contact Phebe Bentley, the Chief Returning Officer at email@example.com.
To make the voting experience for Nunavimmiut as safe as possible, we would like to encourage voting by proxy when possible for the upcoming Makivvik election.
January 27th and Feb 7th, you must vote by proxy if you:
- Are living outside your community of affiliation, including but not limited to outside of Nunavik.
- Are in isolation for testing positive for COVID-19
- Are in isolation for being a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Are showing symptoms of COVID-19
We strongly encourage you to vote by proxy if:
- You are an elder
- You are immune compromised or chronically ill
- You are unvaccinated
We would also suggest that 1 person from each household be the proxy holder for everyone living under the same roof. Each eligible voter can be a proxy holder for a maximum of ten people. This is to limit traffic at the polling stations and to reduce the risk of exposure and infection.
Proxy forms and instructions on how to fill them out can be found at your local pProxy forms and instructions on how to fill them out can be found at your local polling station, Makivvik offices in Kuujjuaq and Montreal or on the Makivvik website.
The Call for Nominations was closed as of 5:00 P.M. on January 7, 2022 for the positions of Secretary and Vice President, Economic Development.
The candidates for the 2022 Makivvik Universal Elections are as follows:
- Alicia Aragutak
- James Greig
- Rita Novalinga
- Jeannie May
- Jennifer Munick
Vice President Economic Development:
- Maggie Emudluk
- Andy Moorhouse
The Election day is on Thursday, February 3rd, 2022
Advance Polls will be open on Thursday, January 27, 2022
The polling stations will be open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 P.M. on both days
*** Please be informed that Makivvik is monitoring the COVID-19 situation within Nunavik and may adjust the elections process if needed. All COVID-19 safety measures will be put in place to ensure that everyone can vote safely. ***