Makivik Job Opportunity
REPORTS TO: The Training Officer will work in the Treasurer Department under the direction of the Director of Human Resources and Payroll.
- Assist the HR Manager in implementing external and internal training plans for employees;
- Implement and oversee orientation program for new hires to the organization;
- Assist in creation of developmental plans for employees;
- Oversee internships/summer students program implementation;
- Working on training files in collaboration with other organizations;
- Ensure funding applications are completed and funding agreement requirements are met;
- Make recommendations on training needs;
- Ensure compliance with training requirements of provincial, federal, and regional bodies;
- Create annual corporate training calendar based on company needs and interests;
- Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses;
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, including limitations, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research.
- Any other related tasks asked by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or relevant work experience;
- Experience in training and professional development is an asset;
- 2 years of experience in education, human resources, or project management;
- Energetic, determined, and creative;
- Organized and punctual;
- Solution focused;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Able to work autonomously and as part of team;
- Available to travel if requested;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Comfortable writing reports and presentations;
- Excellent communication skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs