Makivik Job Opportunity
Technical Coordinator ICIF Division of the President’s Office (PRE01212022)
Reporting to the Assistant Director.
The ICIF Division (Inuit Community Infrastructure Fund) is a new group created within the President’s office to manage the federal funding flowing from a new Inuit Nunangat Infrastructure fund aimed at filling the infrastructure gap with other Canadian communities.
- Plan, assist when necessary project development within funding allocations.
- Provide liaison between the Community Proponents and their consultants.
- Follow-up with Proponents on project advancement and assist with streamlining the progress of projects.
- Plan, coordinate, organize and take notes (minutes) of regular project development meetings.
- Responsible for internal and external communications, such as preparing and sending emails, letters, meeting agendas, and meeting invitations (Outlook).
- Prepare reports and maintain chronologies and update the electronic file
- Work with members of the Division, the Makivvik legal team and other departments as required.
- Perform other related duties within the scope of the position.
- DEC in a construction‑related field, science or business administration. 5 years of experience in a related field can be considered.
- Be bilingual in two of the three official languages, Inuttitut, English & French (orally and in writing) Inuttitut is an asset.
- Comfortable with Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and Adobe.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, with a knowledge of project management.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to write letters, emails, briefing notes and short reports.
- The Division’s team will be small (4 to 5 people), so being a team player is a strong asset.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Available to travel if requested.
- Knowledge of the JBNQA and Inuit rights an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs