Makivik Job Opportunity
Resource Management Coordinator (DEWR10282022)
The Resource Management Coordinator reports to the DEWR Assistant Director.
- Prepare reports, funding submissions and other documents as required;
- Prepare and participate in various meetings regarding caribou, muskoxen, polar bear, and other Nunavik wildlife and fish species’ management;
- Frequent travel will be required;
- Assist DEWR staff with other files when requested;
- Any other duties requested by the DEWR Director or Assistant Director.
- Minimum of BSc in wildlife biology, environmental sciences or equivalent from accredited university;
- Past resource management or relevant experience;
- Demonstrable capacity in report writing, and giving presentations at meetings;
- Past work experience with a native organization an asset;
- Excellent command of English and French languages, both oral and written;
- Oral and written communication in Inuktituut an asset;
- Excellent inter-personnel skills;
- Reliable, autonomous, and highly motivated;
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Arc GIS); knowledge of both Apple and PC platforms an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs