Makivik Job Opportunity
Research Assistant – Temporary
REPORTS TO: The Wildlife Disease Specialist in the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Research.
- Complete training on qualitative research methods (interviews, ethnographic study, etc.);
- Follow hunters on their hunting trips to conduct qualitative research;
- Take notes and video footage of the hunting trip;
- Write full report of the hunt rips;
- Attend research meetings;
- Any other related tasks asked by the supervisor.
- Spoken English and Inuktitut strongly preferred;
- Available to travel frequently;
- Reliable, autonomous and highly motivated;
- Preference will be given to those who have previous research experience.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs