Makivik Job Opportunity
Project Manager – Justice (JUS090123)
REPORT TO: The Assistant Director of the Justice Department
The Project Manager aims to support the various Program Managers within their respective mandates and ensure the smooth running and continuous growth of their programs. Participates in meetings with partnering organizations and act as an advocate for the Justice Department. Also provide support and expertise to all programs under the Justice Department.
- Provide legal and procedural expertise to all Program Coordinators in relation to their daily duties;
- Perform the responsibilities relating to all project’s assigned by managing the 5 project phases of a project life cycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and support);
- Write Bail and Parole release plans in collaboration with Correctional Services Program staff;
- Oversee and support initiatives which may include completing financial reports, budget forecasts, and annual written activity reports relating to specific projects assigned;
- Complete written funding requests pertaining to particular projects or programs as required;
- Provide or organize training on all topics throughout the Justice Department;
- Participate in meetings with local organizations and Government partners;
- Be available to travel when required for meetings, for training or as requested;
- Perform other administrative and professional duties required for the smooth running of the program and as assigned by Assistant Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Great experience in the use of Microsoft office;
- Inuit and cultural knowledge and understanding, is required;
- Working experience with the Judicial System in Nunavik: Criminal and/or Youth Protection;
- Working knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field;
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Showing of good organizational skills and action oriented;
- Demonstrating integrity and respect;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Security clearance will be required.
*Extensive training and continuous support will be provided to employees.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favour and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs