Makivik Job Opportunity
Minute Taker (CS121123)
Reports to: The Head of Administration in the Corporate Secretary’s Department.
- Attend all Executive/Board and AGM meetings (travelling required);
- Assist meeting agendas with the various departments of Makivik Corporation;
- Take accurate record of what is discussed;
- Ability to listen in multilingual and noting them;
- Produce Corporate Meetings Minutes in standardized format, and review with supervisor and other concerned departments;
- With Legal department, keep record of finalized minutes and resolutions, and archive when finalized;
- Distribution of finalized Executive and Board of Directors minutes through Dilitrust;
- Ensure the proper filing of official Corporation’s documents;
- Facilitate requests for purchase orders and cargo warrants with suppliers;
- Organize/Share/File important documents relative to the department’s operations using but not limited to;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Perform other related duties within the scope of the position or as requested by supervisor.
- Vocational Diploma in Minute Taking or equivalent;
- Four (4) years of relevant experience;
- Excellent communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Inuit traditions and cultural knowledge and understanding, is required;
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills;
- Be reliable, autonomous and of good moral character;
- Ability to meet deadlines, ability to work under pressure;
- Reliable and dependable.
Inuit Beneficiary hiring will always be a priority at Makivvik.
Training will be available for Beneficiaries in the advancement for their career.
All marginal benefits available to employees of Makivvik as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs