Makivik Job Opportunity
Under the Direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Officer is involved in all aspects of the implementation of internal and external communication initiatives. The Communications Officer is responsible for promoting and protecting the company’s reputation by assisting in the development and executing public relations strategies and plans for brand building/innovation/corporate promotions, internal communications and corporate communications/corporate affairs initiatives.
- Assist in developing, implementing and measuring external and internal communication plans;
- Provide guidance to PR agency partners and review all Brand PR materials to ensure communication is accurate, relevant and consistent with the brand and overall corporate messaging and positions;
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including web posts and social media content
- Serve as editor and provide communications content for internal communications efforts;
- Liaison and collaborate with employee groups and cross-functional teams as needed and help provide creative solutions to communication problems.
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Utilize the Media Monitoring & Social Listening platform to monitor and generate reports for internal use.
- Travel to Nunavik Communities to provide communications assistance during Makivvik activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices;
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Bilingual in French desirable, Inuktitut an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet, wire services, media monitoring software, and other public relation tools;
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent design software is an asset
- Basic understanding of Photography and Camera operation
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion;
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs