Makivik Job Opportunity
Co-Director, Economic Development
Reports to: The Vice-President of Economic Development Department
- Design a plan of action to create revenue for the Corporation;
- Along with the Co-Director and the Economic Development Management Team, collaborates with the team to implement the plan, re-evaluating it periodically to maximize effectiveness;
- Develops all policies and procedures with regards to fundraising. In addition, oversees all special fundraising events and manages the grant application process;
- With regards to staff, handles all recruitment and training, soliciting volunteers under his respective staff when necessary;
- Reviews the budgets and raises funds, reports all progress to the Vice President and the Board of Directors;
- Liaises with the external organizations, participating in events and with other organizations to promote the mission statement;
- Sits on various committees, internal and external to Makivvik,
- Conducts new business marketing and prospecting to attract new business and industry to Nunavik;
- Review existing business and industry of interest to the corporation, and work with business leaders to retain and expand economic development opportunities;
- Maintains and sustains key development partner relationships at the National, Regional and Local level;
- Provides briefings to the Vice President of the corporation on the impact of expanding business, and clear and current data on economic trends impacting the interests of the corporation;
- Organizes and administers the work of the Economic Development Program in collaboration with the other Co-Director of the Economic Development Department;
- Provides written and oral reports for the Board of Directors, Executive Committees and other boards and committees as needed;
- Establishes relationships with key individuals within assigned industry sectors through trade association involvement, industry events and other relevant avenues;
- Works with officials and management to ensure support and coordinate economic development activities;
- Administers in collaboration with the other Co-Director, the coordination of Makivik’s economic development activities with other subsidiaries or divisions, other governmental agencies, private enterprise, civic groups, local agencies, and the general public;
- Manages training initiatives among departmental staff, and when necessary Nunavik workshops and initiatives
- Develops, recommends and implements operating policies, procedures and programs designed to produce efficient economic development programs for the corporation;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Management;
- Ten (10) years of experience in a management position;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrates leadership and management principles;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Knowledge of current Nunavik priorities respecting economic and social development;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs