Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant to Director, President’s Department (PRE06242022)
The Director of the President’s office is looking for a dynamic and organized individual to work at the Montreal office in an environment where teamwork and professionalism is emphasized. The individual selected will report to the Director of the President’s Department.
- Work closely with the department Director to summarize and document information pertaining to various files
- Follow-up action reports discussed in meetings
- Assist with the Director’s follow-up of Executive Action Items.
- Work in collaboration with the Kuujjuaq President’s office
- Administrative duties related to HR & contractual resources
- Attend meetings, as and when required, with the Director; when requested, take notes, prepare meeting minutes, and list action items
- Assist in coordinating travel arrangements for the President and Director, prepare itineraries and maintain travel documentation
- Determine tasks of top priority and handle accordingly
- Relay information and correspondences between the President, Director and Senior Management
- Contribute to communication support within the corporation, its subsidiaries as well as various federal and provincial government organizations
- Preparation of certain official documents including drafting letters and correspondence
- Any other relevant duties required for the efficient operations of the President’s department
- Post-Secondary or five (5) years of relevant experience
- Language requirements: Inuktitut – spoken, written is an asset; English – spoken and written. French is an asset.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, with a knowledge of project management.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to write letters, emails, briefing notes and short reports.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs