Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Computer Systems Administrator (CS113023)
Reports to: The Computer System Administrator in the Corporate Secretary Department.
- Management of network services daily;
- Administration and management of software licensing;
- Involvement in purchasing of computer equipment, network hardware and network services (i.e. photocopying, printing, video conferencing);
- Involvement in administration of service accounts (i.e. cell phones, internet);
- Troubleshooting of computer (Windows, Apple) systems and applications;
- Installation and setting up of computers and user accounts;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- College degree in computer technology or equivalent work experience, will be considered;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great knowledge of Windows and Mac, Windows server, DHCP/DNS services and TCP/IP;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Teams, LAN/WAN support and management (LAN/VPN, etc. as well as with wireless technology;
- A customer-service oriented personality (friendly, outgoing, and patient);
- The individual must be a good communicator, self-starter and reliable in attendance;
- Be reliable and detailed oriented;
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work independently, also a great team player.
All marginal benefits available to employees of Makivvik as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs