Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant – Justice Division
Reports to: The Assistant Director-Justice Division in the President’s Department.
- Perform all collaboration between human resources and the Justice department;
- Facilitation and submission of all timesheets/attendance bi-weekly/monthly;
- Perform all collaboration with Accounts Payable for invoices and expense forms;
- Prepare travel arrangements in collaboration with Makivvik travel department, for the Upper Management;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings and supporting material for distribution;
- Participate in all meetings for the purpose of writing minutes;
- Keep control of the action item list in relation to management meetings;
- Compiling documents pertaining to operations and the department’s staff, in collaboration with the Funding Administrator;
- Keeping those documents current within the department team and other Makivvik offices;
- Provide support to the Upper management with document submission and day to day operations as needed;
- Facilitate requests for purchase orders and cargo warrants with suppliers;
- Organize/Share/File important documents relative to the department’s operations using but not limited to: Microsoft Teams;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Perform other related duties within the scope of the position or as requested by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Inuit traditions and cultural knowledge and understanding, is required;
- Knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field is an asset;
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills;
- Be reliable, autonomous and of good moral character;
- Security clearance is required.
Inuit Beneficiary hiring will always be a priority at Makivvik.
Training will be available for Beneficiaries in the advancement for their career.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs