Makivik Job Opportunity
Accounting / Payroll Assistant – Construction Division (CON04202022)
- Assist in the weekly payroll process of Makivvik Construction and Kautaq Construction Inc.’s employees such as receiving timesheets, ensure proper approval of timesheets from project managers, enter work hours in system, send pay stubs to employees, manage payroll filing system;
- Assist in preparation of CCQ monthly remittances, issuance of records of employment and remittances of employees’ voluntary deductions to third parties;
- Assist in the preparation of employees’ expense claims and update expense claim file;
- Enter and update camp meals report;
- Assist in the preparation and update of the 1% training file under the Quebec Employment’s Act to promote workforce skills development and recognition;
- Assist the Accounts payable team;
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules for external auditors;
- Assist division and Kautaq Construction’s staff from time to time during their absence (vacation sick, etc.);
- Undertake special assignments and perform other related duties as required by supervisory management.
- College Degree required;
- Experience 1 to 3 years;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English, French and/or Inuktitut;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, );
- Knowledge of the Maestro software for Construction Accounting and Project Management;
- Reliable and autonomous;
- Team player;
No marginal benefits.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs