Makivik Job Opportunity
Accounting Assistant – Construction Division
REPORTING TO: The Assistant Director-Finance in the President’s Department – Construction Division.
- Receive, scan, code and sort, file/distribute suppliers’ invoices from mail and email;
- Indicate corresponding PO on invoices;
- Enter the invoices in Accounting system to corresponding PO;
- Prepare cheques for mailing;
- Compile and submit payment advice for approval to authorized signing officers;
- Submit approved payment advice to Accounting Supervisor for bank upload;
- Update list of outgoing cheques on a timely basis;
- Create or update records with new files and information and keep an efficient filing system;
- Provide support to auxiliary schedules for auditing purposes;
- Any other related duties deemed necessary by the Supervisor.
- DEC or AES in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance or similar field;
- One (1) to three (3) years of related experience;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Accounting system;
- Reliable, autonomous, and highly motivated;
- Good team player;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs