INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO VOTE BY PROXY
- Find an eligible voter that you trust in your affiliated community and tell them who you want to vote for.
- Print a copy of the proxy form and fill it up with:
Election Day Form 02|04
- Your name (Name of Voter)
- Your affiliated community (Community Name)
- The name of the person who is voting for you (Proxy Holder)
- Their affiliated community (Community Name)
- The location of where you are signing from.
- Your signature ( Signature)
- Fax it to your affiliated community’s polling station or to your designated proxy voter, or email a scanned or picture copy of it to your designated proxy voter, making sure that they have access to a printer and can print it. The returning officer will not accept a digital copy, only a proxy form in paper will be accepted.
- The Returning Officer in your designated community will accept a proxy form properly filled out in paper form. Your designated proxy voter will be given a ballot in order to vote on your behalf and your name will be crossed off the voting list.
For further information, please contact Lucy Grey, the Chief Returning Officer at email@example.com.
2021 Makivvik Presidential Elections
Notice to all Makivvik Beneficiaries
Makivvik Presidential Elections
The Call for Nominations was closed as of 5:00 pm on January 7, 2021 for the position of President.
The candidates for the 2021 Makivvik Universal Elections for President are:
- Pita Aatami
- Noah Cain
- Charlie Watt
The Election date is on Thursday, February 4, 2021.
The Polling hours open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m.
Advance Polls will be open on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
The hours for the Advance Poll is from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00p.m.
Open 10 am – 6 pm
*Due to the pandemic situation in the Montreal area, there will be no polling station in Montreal. Beneficiaries that are outside of Nunavik are invited to vote by way of proxy.