Makivik Job Opportunity
Wildlife Technician (DEWR060723)
REPORTS TO: The Assistant Director of the Nunavik Research Centre in the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Research
Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing research programs and field work; tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Shipping, receiving, processing of and reporting on wildlife kits and samples at the Nunavik Research Centre;
- Preparing materials and supplies for wildlife research projects (i.e., sampling tools, camping and safety equipment, etc.);
- Environmental monitoring (collection and preparation of water, soil, air samples);
- Trapping and/or harvesting of wildlife species and fish for sampling;
- Ageing of salmon scales, char otoliths and beluga teeth;
- Testing walrus and seal samples for Trichinella;
- Data entry and analysis;
- Any other duties requested by their supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (provincial or territorial);
- Comfortable working indoors and outdoors;
- Ability to understand concepts related to the wildlife monitoring, wildlife disease and health and environment monitoring;
- Strong on-the-land skills, knowledge of fish and wildlife;
- Knowledge of project proposal, funding applications, report writing, program evaluations and strong organizational skills;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Good integrity, autonomy, punctuality and accountability.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs