Makivik Job Opportunity
Sports & Youth Initiatives Coordinator
REPORTING TO: The Director in the President’s Department.
- Manage and supervise all personnel hired to work under the responsibility of the coordinator;
- Plan a regional support program for the community resources;
- Implementation of program for various events such as, but not limited to:
- Planning and supporting the communities for hockey personnel for ice making at the hockey rinks;
- Plan and support the local hockey coordinators/managers;
- Planning of coaching and referee clinics in various communities;
- Planning for regional and inter-community tournaments, plan and monitor travel and lodging for participants;
- Ability to write letters, e-mails, briefing notes and short reports;
- Encourage, and participate in the planning of positive and socially appropriate programs and activities in the region;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Post Secondary education or five (5) years relevant work experience;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Good computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Inuit traditions and cultural knowledge and understanding, is an asset;
- Experience in management – Business Administration;
- Demonstrates the capacity to work autonomously, a great team player and takes initiative.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs