Makivik Job Opportunity
Payroll Coordinator (CON02112022)
Makivvik Corporation is a non-for-profit entity created pursuant to the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement to represent and promote the interests of Nunavik Inuit at political, social, and economic levels. Its Construction Division is recruiting for a Payroll Coordinator.
- Verify the accuracy of weekly payroll for the project employees in accordance with La Commission de Construction du Québec regulations;
- Work in coordination with Construction’s Human Resources department team;
- Maintain complete payroll records such as proper letter of appointment duly signed by the employee and authorized persons and making sure that proper tax forms and CCQ forms (for CCQ employees) have been completed;
- Prepare and keep track of government remittances such as the deductions at source, monthly reports to the CCQ, record of employment and the division and Kautaq Construction’s employees’ T4/Releve at calendar year end and remittances of employees’ voluntary deductions to third parties;
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (cooks’ bonuses, worker’s compensation)
- Answer questions and resolve issues regarding payroll
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations (CCQ), tax and deduction laws
- Process employees’ expense claims through payroll and deposit amounts in their bank accounts;
- Reconcile the necessary payroll entries with project management and the general ledger;
- Ensure that the payroll bank account has sufficient funds to cover the weekly payroll;
- Offer assistance to the Accounting team during their absence (vacation, sick, etc)
- Assist in the preparation of the year end working papers for the external auditors
- Undertake special assignments and perform other related duties as required by supervisory management.
- College Degree in Business; Payroll certification an asset
- Minimum 4-6 years relevant working experience required;
- Experience working in Maestro and proficiency in MS programs with advanced knowledge in Excel
- Clear written and verbal communications (English, Inuktitut, French an asset);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to maintain confidential information;
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs