Makivik Job Opportunity
Office Administrator (CS120423)
Reports to: The Director in the Corporate Secretary Department.
- Manage Makivvik local office and ensure smooth running of the office and help with Corporate procedures and day to day operation;
- Serve as a receptionist for the local office, in charge of answering calls, greeting visitors/ employee arrivals and processing incoming mail/ cargo;
- Manage the scheduling of meetings and appointments in the local office;
- Provide general support to Makivvik Board of Directors (Makivik community representative) and office tenants;
- Liaise with community members and part time service providers for cleaning, repairs, snow removal, to maintain a clean and organized office conditions;
- Ensure all operation invoices and payment requests are coded, approved, and forwarded to Finance for processing;
- Assist with expense reports and reimbursements, AP, AR and collaborate with the Finance to ensure accurate record keeping;
- Ensure the maintaining of all Makivvik vehicle in the respective community;
- Provide assistance to the local income tax officer;
- Inform the local Beneficiaries of the various Makivvik programs;
- Assist HR by promoting employment opportunities;
- Take photos for beneficiary cards and other government identification;
- Provide support to the Chief Returning Officer with the local elections;
- Maintain the office building secure and general up keep of the building;
- Be available to travel, if required;
- Any other duties requested by their supervisor.
- High School diploma, is an asset;
- Five (5) years of related experience;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Posses a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work independently and a good team player;
- Punctual, reliable and motivated;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Demonstrate organizational skills and prioritization;
- Ability to deal with confidential matters.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs