Makivik Job Opportunity
Correctional Liaison Agent – Provincial (JUS053023)
REPORT TO: The Correctional Services Program Manager of the Justice Department.
The Correctional Liaison Agent – Provincial aims to provide support to Inuit detainees within the federal detention and inform them of the services and programs offered.
- Inform Nunavimmiut detained in provincial jails of the programs, support, and services offered within the center. Provide information on the early release opportunities such as parole and the steps to be taken;
- Offer assistance to Nunavimmiut in provincial detention centers for the preparation of their reintegration to community upon release;
- Provide support to inmates during their parole hearing;
- Provide cultural background and community resources to correctional staff to assist in developing a release plan;
- Offer one-on-one non-formal counselling and support when required;
- Organize and co-facilitate workshops in collaboration with the Makivik Program Facilitator;
- Plan cultural activities in detention;
- Provide general support to offenders if needed;
- Assist in the organization of visits for justice committees or other helpful resources at provincial detention centers for Nunavimmiut;
- Other duties deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Inuit and cultural knowledge is required;
- Strong desire to support and assist your fellow Inuit to access to culturally appropriate programs and support;
- Experience in intervention with adults;
- Experience in case management;
- Languages: Inuktitut and English;
- Good communication skills : Verbal and written, is required ;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Experience working autonomously and in a team settings;
- Be available to travel by vehicle (having a license is an asset) or public transportation, to detention centers within Quebec.
*Extensive training and continuous support will be provided to employees.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favour and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs