Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Trust Administrator (PR112123)
Reports to: The Director of The Legal Division in the President’s Department.
- Work in close collaboration with the Trust Administrator who administers the various trusts managed by Makivvik (Raglan Trust, Nunavik Inuit Trust);
- Preparation of correspondence, including letters, emails and other documents pertaining to the Trusts;
- Organize the filing of documents relating to the Trusts;
- Prepare documents including the preparation of Trust cheques for distribution to beneficiaries;
- Update Trust client files on an ongoing basis, including address modifications, corrections etc;
- Carry out searches and updates in the Raglan 3 Trust database, and other databases;
- Copy and email documents, answer calls from beneficiaries and take detailed messages when there are questions about cheques and/or distributions;
- Work with the Finance Team to ensure accurate files, requests, and records kept;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or training in Administration;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Great computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Inuit traditions and cultural knowledge and understanding, is required;
- Be reliable and detailed oriented;
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work independently, also a great team player.
Inuit Beneficiary hiring will always be a priority at Makivvik.
Training will be available for Beneficiaries in the advancement for their career.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs