Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Mining Development Manager
Reports to: The Mining Development Manager of Economic Development Department.
- Develop action plans for Makivvik’s active role in the mining sector through the development of a group of companies working in the mining industry in Nunavik;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with companies in the mining sector that are active in the Nunavik Region;
- Liaise with all parties to the Raglan Agreement and the Nunavik Nickel Agreement to ensure compliance working with Makivvik’s legal department;
- Monitor all exploration projects in the Nunavik Region;
- Seek out new business opportunities in the mining sector;
- Liaise with Federal and Provincial agencies and officials on a regular basis regarding mining development files in Nunavik Region;
- Write project proposals and reports relating to activities in mining or exploration;
- Participating in the promotion and organization of legal clinics with lawyers and notaries;
- Be available to travel, as requested;
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- College or University degree in Management, Business or a related field;
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- Good computer skills : Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Inuit traditions and cultural knowledge and understanding, is an asset;
- Political acuity and sensitivity along with exemplary presentation and analytical skills;
- Working knowledge of mining activities;
- Requires an understanding of the regional planning processes;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal direction;
- Knowledge of geographic and socio-economic characteristics of the Nunavik region would be an asset;
- Must have an excellent understanding of municipal and Indigenous government process as well as the ability to interpret policies, regulations and legislation;
- Knowledge of James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement considered an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs