Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Coordinator – Ungaluk Program (PRES101323)
REPORT TO: The Coordinator – Ungaluk Program of the President’s Department.
The Ungaluk Program provides funding to prevent and combat crime, to promote safe and healthy communities by taking culturally appropriate measures to improve the social environment in Nunavik, to provide assistance to crime victims and to improve correctional activities for Inuit.
- Assist in the development & implementation of the communications plan concerning the funding under Sanarrutik Section 4.4;
- Ensure the coordination of meetings of the “Ungaluk Proposal Review Committee” as well as the “Ungaluk Advisory Committee” established under Sanarrutik Section 4.4 and provide the Nunavik members of this Committee with logistical support
- Receive funding proposals and assist the coordinator with informing Makivvik, KRG and the Nunavik members of the “Ungaluk Advisory Committee” of all such proposals;
- Identify government programs under which funding proposals may qualify and inform the promoters, KRG, Makivik and the “Ungaluk Advisory Committee” of such programs;
- Assist in the delivery of decisions of the Makivviik/KRG Executives in regards to proposals;
- Follow-up on all administrative and financial aspects of the program, including contracts between the promoters and Makivvik/KRG, and the disbursements of the funds to the promoters by Makivvik;
- Write annual reports;
- Give presentations to public organizations;
- In collaboration with the Makivvik Finance Department, provide Makivvik/KRG with statements of revenues and expenses committed and disbursed to the promoters;
- Obtain from promoters regular activity reports on approved projects;
- Be available to travel for trainings, meetings, upon request;
- Other duties deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Good communication skills in at least two (2) of the three (3) languages: Inuktitut, English and/or French, verbal and written, is required;
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures and budget management;
- Experience working autonomously and in a team setting.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favour and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs