Makivik Job Opportunity
Project Manager – Construction Division (CON072523)
REPORTS TO: The Assistant Director – Operations
LOCATION: Montreal or Kuujjuaq
The Makivik Construction Division (a non-profit organization) is responsible for implementing the Inuit Housing Construction Program in Nunavik. Its main objective is to build quality housing units while maximizing employment opportunities for the Inuit of Nunavik by providing training and promoting the local economy of Nunavik as much as possible.
- As a Project Manager, plans and manages the execution of Inuit housing construction projects in Nunavik (North of the 55th parallel); in collaboration with foremen, subcontractors, inspectors, suppliers, expert-advisors, regulatory bodies and representatives of the communities;
- Establish the inventory, together with the foreman and the supply section, and supervise the purchase, the transport and the storage of equipment, tools and construction material;
- Ensure the administrative and financial management of the projects together with the resources of the Division;
- Assist the foremen in the execution of the following tasks:
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Section, recruit the necessary employees (carpenters, operators, chefs and camp aides);
- manage on-site construction workers;
- prioritize the recruiting of local labor force and resources;
- provide technical information pertaining to the interpretation of plans, of technical details and of specifications;
- Proceed with regular visits of the construction sites;
- Identify issues and, according to the available options and resources, implement solutions;
- Provide support to the Division’s Construction Team Member to ensure a coherent and efficient development and application of project management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, in building engineering or civil engineering;
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years in project management;
- Experience in remote region an asset;
- A good understanding of the Inuit culture and traditions is an asset;
- Be available to travel to Nunavik on a frequent basis (25% of the times from June until December).
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs