Makivik Job Opportunity
Justice Committee Coordinator – Salluit (JUS053023)
REPORT TO: The Justice Committee Program Manager of the Justice Department.
The Justice Committee Coordinator – Salluit provides direct support to their local community members throughout the judicial and correctional process. Organize meetings with their Committee Members related to the number clients referred.
- Bringing forward culturally based processes of restoring harmony in the community based on Inuit legal traditions;
- Act as a resource person on Inuit traditions and culture in matters related to court officials and within the justice system in general when requested by the Justice Committee Program Coordinator;
- Meeting with people referred to the Justice Committee Program and providing culturally relevant support when needed;
- Case Management : receiving referrals of Inuit from the community from the court and managing their file until completion;
- Administrative duties : entering statistics, answering telephone and emails, ensure office has sufficient supplies by communicating with regional office, completing any necessary forms required by supervisor or partners;
- Plan and organize “on the land” or other traditional activities for clients with your participation and committees’s members;
- Plan and organize & facilitating cultural programs for clients with your participation and committee’s members;
- Offer mediation or conflict resolution between client and affected persons and support them in their healing path or restoring harmony process;
- Be available to travel for trainings, meetings and with the traveling court upon request ;
- Other duties deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Education : Secondary 5 completed or relevant experience in social or judicial field;
- Inuit and cultural knowledge is required;
- Strong desire to support and assist your fellow Inuit to access to culturally appropriate programs and support;
- Experience in intervention with adults;
- Experience in case management;
- Languages: Inuktitut and English;
- Good communication skills : Verbal and written, is required ;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Experience working autonomously and in a team
*Extensive training and continuous support will be provided to employees.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favour and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs